lieb•ster (German) n. sweetheart, beloved person, darling
The Liebster Award is given by fellow bloggers to blogs with great potential. It is a wonderful way to find new blogs and support one another. A big thank-you to my fellow #getitgirl and sweet blogger, Emily of Bows and Depos, for nominating me.
(Typically, this award is for “newer” blogs, but I edited the language a bit. I have been blogging for a while and some of my favorite bloggers below have also been around for a few years.)
The rules of the award are as follows:
- Mention the person who nominated you with a link to their blog
- Answer the eleven questions they asked
- Nominate eleven other bloggers with a smaller following but a lot of potential
- Create eleven of your own questions for them to answer
- Notify your nominees
Below are my answers to the questions asked by Emily of Bows and Depos:
1. How would you describe your style?
Classic with a twist
2. What is your dream career?
The one I have built for myself over the past year! I do luxury real estate marketing and business development for top agents. The combination of creativity and strategy is ideal for me. I have loved HGTV ever since cable introduced us, and my background in fashion marketing bodes well for the hot California markets, where trends and style are just as important as the numbers.
3. Why did you start blogging?
I started my first blog in 2011 to help me launch my career. It got me noticed, got me interviews and got my foot in the door!
4. What is your favorite brand?
Right now I’m particularly loving Amour Vert, H&M, ASOS, Zara, J.Crew and Banana Republic. All have accessible price points and also maintain ethical business practices. Over the next few years, I want to expand my wardrobe to be more eco-friendly and less fast fashion.
5. Tell me something weird about yourself.
I can’t go bowling because I have four screws in each shoulder.
6. If you could make one dream purchase, what would it be?
An eco home with ocean views and a steel frame in southern California.
7. Pick one: Chanel or Céline bag?
Both. One is completely iconic, the other is perfectly minimalist: my two loves.
8. What is your one beauty must-have?
Alba Botanica very emollient body lotion – I buy it at Whole Foods.
9. What is your favorite flower?
It’s a tie between white roses (any kind), light pink peonies and magenta tulips.
10. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be, and why?
I’d love to spend a month in Spain. I traveled there in college for 10 days, and it just wasn’t enough.
11. Hamburger or hotdog?
You know when you just find your long-lost sister on the internet?
Favorite NYC fashion blogger
Found each other on Instagram and have loved every outfit since
Allergic to Vanilla
Everything from glitzy-glam to borrowed-from-the-boys
Not Dressed As Lamb
Fun style with witty commentary and a savvy attitude
Long Legged Lady
The title says so much, but also love her tweets
Beth Animal Print
Chic style you can actually wear every day
Perennial favorite, one of my original blogging inspirations
Sun Devil Style
Found this #getitgirl on Twitter and can’t wait to see where she goes
She flies around the world and is effortlessly chic doing it
Bows and Depos
Serious #getitgirl with seriously cute style – and thank you for nominating me!
These are among the few blogs I take the time to read on a regular basis with my hectic #getitgirl lifestyle. A sincere thank-you for keeping me inspired and entertained! Blogging is a big undertaking, and I so appreciate the hard work and little piece of themselves these gifted women share on the internet.
- How would you describe your style?
- What are your favorite brands and collections?
- What is your #1 goal for this year?
- Where did you grow up, where do you live now, and where do want to live in ten years?
- What is your favorite aspirational style blog?
- Five things you’d pack for a trip to Paris fashion week:
- What was the last book you read?
- If you could learn another language, what would it be?
- Big night out, you can only choose one: eyeliner or lipstick?
- Trend you never tried but kind of wish you had?
- What skill would you like to learn or develop?
What a fun way to connect the blogging community. I have met some amazing people through blogging and am proud and honored to be a part of this trend-setting, motivated #getitgirl group.