Although I’m still rocking a lot of black — and realistically will year-round — spring trends make my heart go pitter-patter. Pretty pastels and a #POC (Brad Goreski’s hashtag for a pop of color) just look so fresh right now, and I can’t wait to jump in the sea of springtime trends. Here’s my lust list this Saturday (but don’t be surprised if I’m talking about these lovely pieces for weeks).
1) Valentino Rockstud Ballerina Flat, $595 • I was thisclose to buying these in black patent this winter on double markdown and am pretty much literally kicking myself for not. I can’t get enough of the rock-chic vibe, and I love that flats like these are versatile enough to go to cocktails or even dress up destroyed jeans (how cute would that be?!). While the price tag is pretty hefty, the cost per wear makes these a smart investment.
2) Acne Shore Sweater, $320 • This is another piece I have lusted after for a long time. I spotted this beautifully chunky sweater on Net-A-Porter in a different color this winter, but broke #fashiongirlproblems prevented me from pulling the trigger. I’m glad I waited, because I love this minty goodness. (Can you see a pattern here?) The length, the knitting, the zipper… I’m smitten.
3) BaubleBar Acrylic Monogram Necklace, $56 • Ever since I got married, I have been in love with my new initials. I always thought the letter “L” was beautiful in cursive — luckily I also happen to love the man I found who had such a prettily written last name. 😉 My middle name is a tribute to my grandma, too, and while I didn’t like it as a kid because everyone’s middle name was something trendy like “Marie,” now, I’m proud of its significance. This all makes me excited about my monogram. BaubleBar lets you customize the necklace with different colors, fonts and chains for a just-right piece, and I am taken by the turquoise in script with silver option. Such a fun accessory!
4) Gap 1969 Sexy Boyfriend Jeans, $69.95 • If you follow me on Twitter (or see me six of seven days a week), you know how much I love Gap. I am obsessed with my Always Skinny jeans and recently fell in love with the Long & Leans, too. Now, I can’t stop thinking about color and am really loving the idea of a relaxed fit, but want a flattering cut. Enter Gap perfection, stage right. I seriously need a pair, stat. I much prefer this look with heels to keep it on this slouchy-chic side of things — you can bet your gumdrop buttons that the combo will fast become a staple in my wardrobe.
5) Kate Spade Cooper Watch, $195 • My favorite color is Tiffany blue and I am especially loving Kate Spade this season. Not only do I adore their collection, but their collaboration with Brad Goreski has me swooning (check out their Instagram pics on Tumblr!). Add to this that I am kind of over stealing my husband’s extra-large watch like I did all winter, and I have a major crush on this timepiece. The pearly face, delicate gold accents and fine leather straps are perfection.